Wednesday 21 May 2014

Once We Were Fairies and Once I Was Sixteen (and now you are too)

If I can wish one thing for you on your 16th Birthday, it is this.  Please don't lose site of the possibility of magic in everyday little things......the freedom of the wind, the excitement of emotion....the wonderland that is ......life.  There will be times in your life when it is all too easy to lose site of any magic that might exist in your surroundings....but trust me.....if you are patient, it will return once again!  This I promise you....*smile*  I wish you good things always.   xoxoxo


Once We Were Fairies


Once we were fairies; children of pleasure, immortal butterflies racing the wind…

Our hearts were fearless flames burning passion so pure it blinded us of our nakedness; our awkwardness, our pride…

We played in the moonlight; winking at each other’s enchanted minds and electric bodies. We teased the sunshine with our smiles, our kisses and embraces…

Then somewhere along the way, we must have stumbled upon the bones of our slain mortal selves. Heaped up there we found all our fears, every betrayal, and the mangled teachings of society…

Now we pretend we are fairies, hiding in shadows, behind words and gestures… How I miss the freedom of the wind; the excitement of emotion, the secrets of new love, the wonderland …

(I didn't write this but I've always liked the words)

No comments:

Post a Comment